Van fire spreads to two homes

Tuesday, January 14th, 2014

A fire that started in a mini-van parked in the driveway of 211 Talbot Street East in Aylmer on the evening of Friday, Jan. 10 spread to that house as well as the neighbouring house to the east. Volunteer firefighters managed to contain the fire but not before it destroyed the van, caused extensive damage to 211 Talbot St. E. and minor damage to the house next door. The occupants of 211 Talbot St. E. escaped the fire without injury and were staying with friends as their home sustained significant fire, smoke and water damage.


Read more in the January 15, 2014 print edition or the online e-edition.

Photography by : Craig Bradford

Leave a Comment

Fields marked with * are required for submission.