House fire on Victoria St. N.

Monday, July 28th, 2014

Aylmer firefighters responded to a house fire on Victoria Street North on Sunday morning, July 27 after someone called 911 about smoke coming from a residence.

Aylmer Fire Chief Sam Taylor said 17 firefighters responded to the call at 9:14 a.m. and found “heavy smoke” when entering.

The house was searched and the fire, which started in the kitchen, was quickly extinguished.

Chief Taylor said the fire originated in the kitchen, the likely cause being an electrical appliance.

No one was home at the time of the fire and firefighters were on scene for two hours and 24 minutes.

No damage estimate was available and no injuries were reported.

Chief Taylor said the home had working smoke alarms.

He said the 911 call must have come from a cell phone.

Reader Comments (1)
  • mike crystel on Tuesday, July 29th, 2014 at 7:15 pm

    In the world of belt tightening at papers with reporters and editors everywhere being cut can the Aylmer express afford a spell check program?

Leave a Comment

Fields marked with * are required for submission.

captcha