Fire destroys John St. S. house

Tuesday, February 17th, 2015

FireA fire destroyed the inside of a house on John Street South in Aylmer in the early morning hours of Tuesday, Feb. 17. Aylmer Fire Chief Sam Taylor said firefighters were called to the blaze at 12:58 a.m. and by the time the first crews arrived the house was entirely engulfed in flames. Chief Taylor said no one was home at the time of the fire as the parents were away on vacation and the children were either staying with their grandparents or at a friend’s place overnight. He believed the fire started near the back of the home on the ground floor where a fireplace was located. No more information on the fire was known at the time this photo was taken shortly before 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 17. Firefighters remained on the scene putting the fire out until about 7 a.m. and returned a couple hours later to extinguish some smouldering spots.

Photography by : Craig Bradford

Reader Comments (1)
  • Debbie Desrosiers on Tuesday, February 17th, 2015 at 12:58 pm

    i wonder if you can tell me how and where I could start a trust fund for them. They have lost everything and would like to help there family out at this time of need

Leave a Comment

Fields marked with * are required for submission.

captcha