Fire destroys John St. S. house
A fire destroyed the inside of a house on John Street South in Aylmer in the early morning hours of Tuesday, Feb. 17. Aylmer Fire Chief Sam Taylor said firefighters were called to the blaze at 12:58 a.m. and by the time the first crews arrived the house was entirely engulfed in flames. Chief Taylor said no one was home at the time of the fire as the parents were away on vacation and the children were either staying with their grandparents or at a friend’s place overnight. He believed the fire started near the back of the home on the ground floor where a fireplace was located. No more information on the fire was known at the time this photo was taken shortly before 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 17. Firefighters remained on the scene putting the fire out until about 7 a.m. and returned a couple hours later to extinguish some smouldering spots.
Photography by : Craig Bradford