Brent Ross, speaking on behalf of the Ontario Ministry of the Solicitor General, reported late Friday afternoon, Feb. 26, that so far 27 positive cases of COVID-19 have been identified in an outbreak that started at the school on Monday, Feb. 22.
Everyone with a positive test was now self-isolating, he said. All staff and students were tested on Thursday and would receive their results over the next few days.
In consultation with Southwestern Public Health, he continued, all in-person instruction at the college would be “paused” for 14 days.
Any recruits testing positive for COVID-19 in coming days would remain in self-isolation at the college, he said.