An early morning fire on Monday, March 30 destroyed an apartment at the back of 332 John Street South in Aylmer. Located right across the street from the town fire hall, the occupants of the home, Darrel and Lily Ralf and their Husky dog Comanchie, came home at about 12:20 a.m. to find their home on fire. Mrs. Ralf called 911 to report the fire. The couple were visiting Mr. Ralf’s daughter and their young grandchildren elsewhere in Aylmer that evening and then spent some time at a coffee shop in town before they saw the smoke coming from the front of the building while on their way home. The couple had contents insurance and planned to find a new rental unit elsewhere in Aylmer. They were staying with family for the rest of the week and hoped to rent a new apartment soon.